flex path - grades 7 through 12
Cunae will be offering a new flex-path option in 2018-2019 for 'Performance Students' (professional athletes) in grades 7 through 12. Our flex performance program provides the opportunity for students to pursue their athletic talents whilst still engaging in rigorous academic studies. This is offered through a condensed 3 day in-person schedule and 2 day remote study skill development. The goal is to provide the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in today’s ever changing world, while supporting the students’ talent; providing more flexibility to a new generation of students.
Expectations of Students
Students coming into the flex performance program will be expected to:
- Demonstrate motivation to succeed
- Show a positive attitude towards learning
- Maintain passing grades in all subjects
- Participate in school events and be part of the Cunae Culture
- Complete all projects and assignments set for the remote learning days
Requirements for participation
- Application form
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Personal essay describing who you are, your goals, why you think Cunae would be a good school for you, and how will you contribute to Cunae.
** Note that other students (e.g. have other major commitments or suffer from a debilitating illness, or psychological impediment) may be considered for the flex program if they are able to meet requirements.
Home-Schooled IB Certificates Option-Grade 11 & 12
We are also offering homeschooled high school aged children the opportunity to undertake IB Certificates where students can choose 1, or more, International Baccalaureate Diploma subjects. Our International Baccalaureate curriculum gives the students a competitive edge in pursuing their college education, including:
- Adds to your graduation portfolio.
- Demonstrates your ability to take on difficult classes.
- May provide an opportunity for credits in college.
- Allows you to pursue, and succeed, in a subject where you may need a little extra teacher help as opposed to working on your own.
- Allows you to meet other students in a classroom setting.
- IB Certificates require a two year commitment.
- You must be available to work within the Cunae weekly schedule.
- Some accommodations may be met.
- Please check with Cunae as to subject offerings as they change based upon interest; and tuition.
For more information please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org