Cunae International School School provides a college-preparatory education. International students learn to speak, understand, read, and write English. They also study core subjects such as mathematics, science, humanities, and the arts, to name a few. Our environment and curriculum teaches students to think critically, solve complex problems, and develop strong leadership and communication skills, as well as important life skills; all within a collaborative and supportive community that feels more like family than school. Please explore our website to learn a little more about our school. Should you have any questions please contact the school director at email@example.com.
Advantages of attending cunae:
- Since Cunae is private, you are allowed to stay longer than a year, which is the limit at a public high school.
- The IB may allow you to waive classes in some colleges (provided you pass the IB exams).
- If you are interested in college, you will be provided guidance in the admissions process. Many international student undervalue the essay part of an application.
- Attending high school in the U.S. may position international students more competitively than their counterparts in other countries.
- If English is not your first language, you will learn it quickly.
- You will obtain academic, language and cultural skills in the U.S., but within an international framework, which may also increase your college admissions chances.
- Please follow procedure on admissions page.
- If English is not your first language, you will be required to submit results of TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) examination. A score of 80 or higher is preferred.
- An online skype interview will be conducted.
- In some cases you will be required to obtain government proof of identity.
- All international educational transcripts and certificates must be translated into English.
Student Visas - I20/F1
It is a requirement of international students to apply for an F-1 visa, by being issued an I-20 form, which is an educational visa that allows a student to live in the United States while attending school. The U.S. government requires all international students to meet strict eligibility requirements prior to being granted a student visa and also during their stay in the United States. For specific information pertaining to U.S. immigration policies and procedures, please refer to the government websites below:
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services: www.uscis.gov.
- U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement: www.ice.gov/sevis.
- SEVIS I-901 Required Fee - $200. After receiving the I-20 Form, the prospective student must pay the SEVIS fee at www.fmjfee.com. The prospective non-immigrant student must then obtain a student visa from an embassy or consulate abroad, or if from a visa exempt country such as Canada or Bermuda, apply for admittance at a U.S. POE. After obtaining an F-1 Visa, the prospective student may apply for entry into the United States through a U.S. POE no more than 30 days prior to the program start date on the student's I-20 Form.
The following items must be submitted to the school prior to the issuance of the I-20:
- Completed and signed application and non-refundable application fee. Payment of application fee does not guarantee acceptance.
- Official copies of current school transcripts for the past year.
- Two letters of recommendations from teachers.
- Photo of the student.
- Copy of birth certificate and passport.
- Immunization records.
- Proof of insurance. This only needs to be completed after acceptance is offered, but prior to arrival.
After receipt of all above information, the student's file is reviewed for acceptance or refusal, and a letter is issued to reflect the decision.
Note: Thee is a $100 fee if Cunae needs to send any documents by FedEx and a $35 wire fee for any money wired to our bank.
At this time students are required to stay with verified relatives in the area, however we are exploring other options. Please contact the office to discuss further.
Health Care and other services
Cunae International School does not provide any services such as health care, special needs assistance, or out of school supervision. However, Cunae will always work to ensure that a student is safe and secure, and that their needs are met; with the assistance of their family members. Parents are responsible for many other living costs including health care. For health care options please click here. You may seek other options. If you do not opt for health care you will be responsible for all costs associated with illness, injury, and hospitalization.
Other things you should know:
- At the school's discretion, a student is enrolled in classes of the appropriate grade level based on academic history and student aptitude.
- A student does not expect to receive a diploma or certificate of completion, should they
No guarantee regarding graduating with an IB Diploma, or other high school Diploma. Much will depend on the ability of the student, as with all students.
No guarantee that there will be an acceptance into a U.S. College. Cunae will do its best to assist students but do not have the authority to ensure college placements.
If a student does not live up to expectations, or their behavior is unbecoming of a Cunae student, they can be expelled from school at any time. Students will be personally escorted to a plane to their home country.